Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Guys with balls

Today was my first day at the Marie Claire offices. Working there for the next two weeks until Christmas Eve... it's been really difficult to get my head back into "office mode" - yes, it's only been one day, but I'm already dreading the days to come! Thankfully, I'm only going in twice this week, as Thursday's a public holiday for them, and Friday is my trip to Singapore. Easy does it, right?

After work, I headed to Souled Out for dinner with Mumsy, then left for Telawi to pick up the blouse I had altered. However, stupid boutique was closed when I got there... 20 minutes before its stated time! Guess that's what you get from little shops. So, dammit, I have to go back there after work tomorrow. At least I can look forward to a night out tomorrow though.

Met up with a friend for mamak while I was at Telawi... had a nice long catch-up of our weekend, in-depth discussions on relationships... typical girlie stuff. Funny thing happened after we left though! I wanted to go to 7-Eleven to pick up some munchies for work tomorrow (being in an office always makes me peckish), so we dropped by on our way to our cars. While I was browsing the aisles, I saw my friend talking to a guy, who I assumed to be a friend, so I just left them alone and continued my hunt for something tasty yet not too unhealthy.

My friend then came up to me with a strange look on her face, and told me that the guy had just walked into 7-Eleven, told her he didn't do this sort of thing usually... and then asked for her number! He insisted that it wasn't a dare... and when my friend didn't want to give it to him, he asked for her Facebook address. That explains why, at the end of their conversation, I overheard him saying, "What's your name?", and I was like... huh?

Apparently he was actually sitting at the table next to ours at the mamak, which could mean that he overheard our relationship talk (NOT good!) and decided to approach her... or that he's just... very brave. Whichever it is, in a way, it's nice that some guys still have the balls to walk up to a girl and introduce himself, but on the other hand, it's a little scary too!

... Goodness gracious, I have to wake up early again tomorrow...

No comments: