Saturday, February 07, 2009

Screwing the little people over

You know how all the tollbooths now have little boxes for motorists to conveniently donate to Palestine's aid? They even announce it on the traffic report signboards on highways.

But I just thought to myself... is this another way to extort us motorists?? Yeah, I know their need is great and we ought to help them in any way we can. But... I dunno... you guys already know how I feel about toll operators. Look at the bloody Kerinchi Link which is RM1.50... pretty pricey! And Touch 'n' Go also charges 10% extra when you use it to park in BSC. Why can't the toll operators and Touch 'n' Go donate a percentage of their toll earnings to the Palestinian fund, instead of (or, as well as) making it convenient for us - the little people - to donate?

No comments: