Monday, August 24, 2009

Biking hurts, weather obsessions and Zeppelins

Word of the day: chocolademelk = chocolate milk

Right now, my nether regions hurt because of my biking excursion yesterday (which was, as usual, full of mishaps). Either I'm not sitting on the bike right, or the saddle doesn't suit me. What can be done about it??

On Friday, we went to Amsterdam again cuz Schrobbenmaster had a meeting. So I wandered around on my own, trying not to get lost and at the same time, keep an eye open for good shops. In the end, I wound up at Mango anyway. Bought myself a nice black leather jacket, which I've yet to wear out since it's been so hot here. According to the weather forecast, tomorrow will be a cooler 24℃, so maybe I'll have a chance.

Honestly, the Dutch are as weather-obsessed as the British are. I still don't see the point in checking for rain every 10 minutes. If you're out and about, and see dark clouds, just head home, or make plans to take shelter in a cafe or something. Okay, check the weather forecast to see if temperatures or rain will ease up in the coming days, but seriously, every 10 minutes?

I've been trying to find out how many passengers a Zeppelin, or airship, can carry. Tried Wikipedia, but it doesn't seem to state there. I've only just tweeted it to see if anyone replies.

I guess it's chicken again tonight for dinner since we bought 1 kg of it a few days ago. At least today I remembered to take it out of the freezer to defrost.

Okay, that's enough rambling. Can't be bothered to post photos at the moment, so just be happy with words for today.

No comments: