Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Weirds and creepsies

There is a weird, creepy sound coming from the water treatment facility just down the road from my condo.

It sounds like rusty chains clanking against each other on a treadmill, and every few seconds at the same intervals comes a deep, bass drum sound. Yet, the area down there is so empty, dark and peaceful. It's as if some underground elves are building a city beneath us. If I was a filmmaker, I'd record this sound for future use. As it is, I'm not, and I have to suffer in my bedroom with this noise.

Well, tomorrow is D-Day... when I will find out if my Great Hair Idea works out. Okay, so it's not such a big deal, but I'm still really excited.

I just finished fixing this puzzle that Heike, my mum's German friend (who's bunking at my place cuz I have a guestroom), brought for me. It's superb! It's only a few inches wide and in a circle shape, but the puzzle pieces are really organic-shaped, and the picture is some weird, creepy, art nouveau-like tree. It's rather Cirque du Soleil-ish. Awesome! I would've taken a picture of the puzzle unfinished so you guys can appreciate how tricky it is, but I don't have a camera on me right now. So when I do get my hands on one, I'll take a pic of the finished puzzle and you can congratulate me then.

No comments: