Monday, December 31, 2007

The last post of 2007

Okay, just one last post for the last day of 2007 *sniff!

I wanted to write about what I've achieved in 2007, to remind myself that I'm not a failure just because I don't earn as much as my friends, or drive a car as flashy as theirs. Life means much more than money and possessions. Not a cliché. I truly believe that life is about experiences and how happy you are with what you have and who you are.

What I don't believe in is New Year's resolutions because I hate setting targets and forcing myself to do something I don't want to :)

2007 Achievements
  • Maintained a long-distance relationship... over 3 years now and counting!
  • Went to England with entire family in tow and survived
  • Went to Dublin with Grandpa G and survived arctic temperatures
  • Designed and organised entire February 2007 OTE (almost) on my own
  • Quit depressing and unfulfilling job
  • Started own company
  • Got a TV in my room
  • Had sexy French guy stay at mine and teach me rude French words
  • Okay I know this is not a 2007 achievement, but I can't stop thinking about it - I'm going to watch Cirque du Soleil next month!!! (just had to gloat)


(I really have to find a new nickname for Grandpa G. After all, I'm already nudging the number of years he was when we first met.)

See y'all, and have a great New Year celebration! I'm off to get dressed now. Peace and love to all!

1 comment:

Carrot said...

you're gonna watch cirque du soleil? i'm crazy envious!
and no, i never watched it the whole time i was in london and am now kicking myself for it :)
take pics!