Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Clearance sales are wonderful!

Apologies once again for taking so long to write this post. I haven't had internet access for days! Plus, I've been super busy working, trying to finish everything before my holiday. I thought of so many things to write, so let's see if I can remember them all now.

I just got back from a day's shopping at Mid Valley and Bangsar Village. Oh, by the way, before I forget, someone mentioned that they couldn't find the Magic Sponge at Village Grocer. I got mine when they were displayed as a 'side' product - you know those products which they hang on the shelves as an additional thing, not actually placed on the shelves. They were located opposite the shelves selling tupperwares, cooking utensils etc.

Anyway, I was at Zara at Mid Valley and Mumsy Bumsy, the darling woman, found the red winter coat I saw a few weeks ago, which I loved, but didn't get because it was too expensive, selling at half price! Naturally, I got it... and I'm so thrilled about it. I also got a really squeaky waterproof (jumper). Cool, retro and cheap.

So many places are now having clearance sales, and one thing I notice that's really great about places like Zara and Massimo Dutti is that they actually take the trouble to print the marked down price and stick them on the tag. It makes it SO much easier for shoppers to decide if something's worth it. Especially if they leave the original price visible ;) I walked into Warehouse and browsed the 70% discount rack, and realised how difficult it is to calculate 70% off RM686, while trying not to look like you're doing mental calculations and acting like you're putting the outfit back onto the rack because you didn't like the material, and not because you realised that it's still out of your budget... so... thanks, Zara.

Remember what I wrote a few weeks back about dancing in heels, and me needing to get strappy shoes or start wearing flatties to dance? Well, last week I wore strappy shoes... and they ended up worse than normal heels! I got so many blisters from the straps rubbing against my toes, I was in pain all next day. So last night I decided to wear covered heels again, but shorter ones... and they work! Heheh... I've found the secret to success.

I'm flying to England on Friday night, and I haven't prepped anything yet! Haven't packed, haven't sorted out my affairs for the next two months... I hope I don't forget to do anything. I actually like packing because it gives me the opportunity to dig out my clothes and look at them lovingly without feeling guilty about wasting time :P So that's the part I'm looking forward to. I'm also looking forward to finally using my boots again in wintry England. What else? Oh yes, I'm really looking forward to seeing Grandpa G! So I'd better get some rest now cuz it's gonna be a looooong day tomorrow.

No comments: