Friday, February 29, 2008

My medical discovery

I've been pretty busy the past couple of days - shopping in Telford and dinner in Chester on Tuesday, then Birmingham for a photographic exhibition and drinks with Lowri T. Meant to take some pics with her, but forgot, so here's a random pic of some things I bought at the market here.



Nice, eh?? :P

For the past 2 months, I've been suffering, and annoying others, with a terrible phlegmy cough. I've tried chesty cough medicine, herbal solutions, downing lots and lots of water, even skipping dairy milk and opting for soy milk (for a while, but eventually gave that up). But nothing worked!

I made a breakthrough this week, though. I noticed that my throat was noticeably less congested and realised what fixed it. And I think this discovery ought to be made known to everyone... the solution to the chesty cough and thick phlegm is... the digestive biscuit.

I don't know how it works, but since eating heaps of it every day this week, I'm definitely coughing less and my phlegm is easier to cough up and out. My theory is that all the fibrous bits of the digestive biscuit must be catching hold of the gooey phlegm and ripping it apart, separating it into tiny bits that can be either coughed up, or processed by the stomach and got rid of through the no. 2. That's my theory anyway.

So the next time you get a phlegmy cough, just stuff digestive biscuits down your throat and you'll be alright in no time!

No comments: