Thursday, November 22, 2007

Want my advice? Read a mag.

Seems someone's interested in my opinions! Hehe...

I was rudely awoken this morning by a phone call. Went through the usual round of test "hello"s (so I don't sound groggy or phlegmy in case it's a business call) before I answered.

Hello?
Hi, is that Catherine?
Yes....... ? (are you gonna offer me a boring logo job?)
I'm Sree from Personal Money - Joanne gave me your number. I'm writing an article about junkyard sales and how to make money from them, and she told me that you do this sort of thing.

Wow, I do?

I realised after the interview that... yes, I do. Lots.

I told her how I started out on KLue Classifieds selling my 6 ft Christmas tree and a rabbit with cage ("real rabbit?"), then moved to the Thursday flea market at Mont Kiara when they first started and weren't so damn snobby like they are now ("We have too many stalls selling books already"... "But I've sold here twice before... and is 20 accessories stalls not too many?"). I also told her about eBay but am not so keen on it because lots of locals don't know how to use it properly.

Anyway, you can find out more about selling your old junk or unwanted items in the Personal Money article... dunno which month it'll come out in, but I'll keep you peeps posted.

No comments: