Saturday, September 11, 2010

Update of the week (long overdue!)

Yes, I am becoming lazy to blog, but that's because I've been too busy at work that I'm too tired to think about writing!

The past two weeks have been really hectic, with the deadline of the festival magazine arriving. After several nights of leaving the office at 2am and sometimes 4am (and remember that I work in Amsterdam and have a 75-minute journey home to Rotterdam every day - thanks so much for driving, Schrobbenmaster!), I was just so drained and thick-headed by the time we wrapped up the magazine.

The printed product arrives on Monday at the office, and I'm half excited about seeing it, but at the same time, I don't want to even look at it anymore. I'm working from home that day anyway, so at least I'll be the last one in the office to see it, and I don't have to pretend to be excited when everyone else is.

One annoying thing that's been happening at home is that the internet keeps failing. And it usually fails in the evenings and weekends, which is exactly when we want it to work! It's an additional suckfest when all my games have to be played online. So during those evenings when we're "disconnected", Schrobbenmaster and I built a Lego house that was long overdue. I took some photos of the progress but they're not on my mac yet, so wait a bit, okay guys?

Oooohhh, exciting news for the week is that frachely has FINALLY confirmed and booked her flight to NL! Woooooo!! She'll be the first friend to come visit and that is a status that no one else will ever have. Hehe.

We've been spending the past few days looking at maps and prices and discussing where to go for a quick weekend away. On the top of her list were places like Vienna and Prague, but unfortunately they take too long to travel for a weekend trip. And as trains are so expensive, it's not very worth it to travel so far for a short time. And yes, we're taking the train because budget intercontinental airlines are so unreliable. I'd rather spend a little more money and save some time than spend 2 hours in an airport with no seats waiting for the plane. Plus, I hate check-in times and I hate weight and luggage content limits.

Anyway, after long discussions, we settled on Paris because it only takes 2.5 hours by train. It's freakishly expensive though, but there's no way around that. If I'd known that I was going to be buying these expensive tickets, I probably wouldn't have splurged on those 2 pairs of awesome, awesome shoes at Manfield last weekend. But then... they are really awesome, so who knows?

Talking about splurging, because I was such a good girl last month, not having shopped at all and saving lots of money, I went all out last weekend. And I know, it sort of defeats the purpose, but when you're feeling down and drained from work, retail therapy REALLY works. Besides those Manfield shoes, I got some items from Scotch & Soda (or Maison Scotch, I think the female version is called), a very cool boutique nearby, and as usual, my favourite haunt, Mango. I haven't worn all my new stuff yet though, because I didn't want to go to work every day in something new and spoil the "special"ness of it. Slow and steady!

Last piece of news is that I finally attended the new season of my ballet school. It was the second of the season, but I couldn't make it to the first class because of the dang magazine. It was really wonderful to go for ballet, but the teacher really makes me nervous and stressed about performing well! I guess that's a good thing. If you don't push yourself, you don't improve, right?

Next post will have photos, I promise!

xxx to all!

2 comments:

frachely said...

Just wanna inform all shoobaba readers that I'm THE frachely that she's talking about and yes, I now own the status that no one else will ever have nyehehe

Oh btw totally agree with the shopping part. I wouldn't have spent 300bucks on 3 tops if I knew I'd be going NL 2 weeks later. Actually the ticket to NL itself is an impulsive buying hahaha

Schola said...

you gals have fun in paris =)