Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brussels (Part 3)

I'm on a roll!!! I'm so determined to clear my old photos and get up-to-date, it's criminal, I tell ya.

I know some of you *ahemfrachelyandmumsybumsyahem* are tired of seeing Brussels photos, but here's the last batch. They're really nice, so I couldn't bear to just delete them.


At the famous Manneken Pis fountain. Not easy to get a photo there, I tell ya.


Just an example of how crowded Brussels is on a hot summer's day.


Better than television, she says.


Santé! You can't spend a weekend in Brussels and not enjoy their Belgian beer! We hunted up and down for a cosy bar and our efforts were rewarded. The sun sets late in summer and we just ordered untasted-before Belgian beers till late. It was really fun. I chose the fruitier beers as I'm not much of a beer drinker. I must say though, that Belgian beers are still nicer than the common ones we find in KL bars/clubs.


The view from our bar. Doesn't it look like a film set??


Self-control is key.


But letting go is much more fun!


The very flamboyant gay young waiter took this for us.


Back at the hotel, HAD to take a photo of this segment on MTV called 'Shake ton booty'. Hahaha.


Next day, Sunday, the roads are quiet as a cemetery. Bloody difficult to find a lunch place!


So thirsty that I see a vision of a cup of tea and drink it.


Finally find a taxi driver's cafe/bar which serves lunch. Wonderful! Hearty amounts of spaghetti on a bright summer's Sunday. Mmmmmm.


I don't know either.


I can't resist wandering into a park when I see one. Especially when it's a hot day.


I guess if we were of a more similar height, we'd be able to get our whole heads in pictures.


I like seeing families and couples enjoy the sun in a park.


And the freestylin' of musicians and artists.


I also love how you can stumble on nice surprises in a park. Like how this gazebo around the corner had a high school orchestra performing.


Schrobbenmaster's wonderful photography skills.


So sneaky.


Nice old building in front.


We shouldn't really complain about having so many languages on signboards in Malaysia. Even Belgium has their dilemmas.


One of the best buys ever! A vintage/rustic bathroom shelf that is now proudly hanging on our bathroom door.


Very nice, quaint street with cafes. Most importantly, shaded from the blinding sun.


Another showcase of their comic-loving culture.


Sat down for tea and saw they had scones... how could I resist!


I feel like having a scone right now. I wonder where they have good ones in Rotterdam?


This is just so unique I keep having to take photos! I've never seen so many comic influences on huge display in a city.

Not long after, we headed back on our first class train to Rotterdam Centraal :) What a wonderful weekend away!

3 comments:

Mumsy said...

finally! a new blog, lovely pics - see, u shud hv taken us there :(

Melissa Chan said...

1. Nice top and skirt!

2. Nice weather!

3. I reckon Rik looks nicer with short hair :)

shoobaba said...

Mumsy:
You did go to Bruges!

Melissa:
Let me guess... you haven't slept yet and you've been up all night!

The top was only €4,50 :P That's what I call a good buy!