Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Next step to independence! And the attic party.

I made an achievement today - I biked out on my own for the first time, to watch a movie! It's my day off today and I didn't have anything to do at home, so when Bin suggested that I go out for a movie, I jumped at the idea.

I knew Schrobbenmaster didn't want to watch Sex & The City 2, so I decided to watch that. I thought it was a really fun movie. Not as good as the first, nor the original TV series, but light, girly fun all the same. I love going for movies and I never take movies very seriously, except if they really mean to make it a smart, intelligent drama. But for this? It's just a light-hearted film, so I just kicked back and enjoyed the ride.

Was a little nervous about chaining my bike cuz it's the first time I'm doing it on my own, but *phew*, when I came out of the cinema, it was still there hehe.

Anyway, several weeks ago, Schrobbenmaster and I were invited to an "attic party". It was someone's birthday, but he had organised this really cool cosy gathering with friends in his attic apartment, and got 3 performer friends to perform live for us. It was really cosy and an awesome idea for a party, not only providing entertainment for us, but also exposure for those 3 performers. And unlike Asia's party, we actually all sat down on the floor to give our full attention to the performers who had prepared 3-5 songs each, including their own visuals on the wall behind.

My camera died out near the beginning so I only have a few pictures and videos of the first two performers, but that's alright with me because I found the third (and looooongest) performance to be the most sleep-inducing. Typical folk kind of songs that damn near put me into a coma. Okay, they had good voices and good harmonising, but I wish they would've been more considerate to perform 3 songs like the previous two performers, instead of 6 very long lullabies.

However, it seems that most of the others loved them the most, so... *shrug*.



Give it a listen... it's a cover of Adele's 'Chasing Pavements'. Or maybe just watch the Road Runner cartoon in the background :P


The second performers were a duo who was performing in public for the first time that night.



I liked these guys the most of all three that night. If you don't want to watch them, at least watch the video for the cute dalmatian in there, hehe.

No comments: