Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Commercials are irritating, but this takes the cake for now

Is it just me, or are those damn Astro Byond ads on TV getting REALLY annoying?

In fact, I already got annoyed the third time I saw it. It's so bloody long, which makes it so obvious that they are practically shoving this new HD subscription down our throats. And did they cancel the BBC Entertainment channel with quality shows because they plan to sell that on Byond, and thus replace it with the crappy Granada channel which shows trash like Emmerdale and Coronation Street and The Paul O'Grady Show? I honestly wouldn't mind having the Granada channel if they'd only keep the BBC channel as well.

Oh man, I hate long commercials, especially when repeated once every 10 minutes.

The only thing I like about the commercial is the song. But I still think it's way too long, and way too pushy. Did they even announce that they were removing the BBC Entertainment channel and replacing it with a crappy Bio channel? I don't know because I was in NL. But my parents certainly seemed surprised at the change. And they watch Astro regularly enough, at least an hour a day.

Gosh darn it, Astro really ruffles my feathers!!!

I just wish a rival would come up and give them some competition, therefore giving us paying subscribers a better range of choices.

No comments: