Thursday, November 06, 2008

Past weeks in a nutshell

It's been a while, yes, but I've not been in the mood to type. I've had loads of things running around my head, for example, the existence and persistence of man (yes, it's true...)... and one other thing which has now completely flown out of my head.

Maxi peed in my room 3 days ago and was solitary-ed in the backyard for 2 nights. Darn dog still managed to find a way through the fence and kept pitter pattering into my room about 5 times a day.

I've also been out a fair bit... oh, I watched Quantum of Solace on Tuesday. Nice nice nice! Daniel Craig is awfully sexy, innit? Yeahh... he's GOWgeous :P

Also went to Quattro for the first time last weekend. Doesn't seem a bad place, except to someone's friend, who left early, saying, "The people here are too cheesy". Mmm... okaaaaaay! It's so good to know we've got a 'coolness' barometer to let us know whether we're at the right place or not. I thought it was nice anyway, and the people upstairs at Winter seemed pretty normal to me.

By the way, I just heard the advert on the radio for Quattro. The voiceover pronounces Quattro's 'Qua' like the 'quar' in 'quarter'. I dunno, but it seems to me that it should be pronounced like 'kwa' since it's Italian. However, as far as Malaysians go, most people would probably pronounce it with a super quick 'w' in the middle and make it sound pasar, just like how they pronounce Leona (Lewis) as if it's Liona instead of LeOna. So perhaps pronouncing Quattro as in 'quarter' mightn't be such a bad idea. It just kinda shivers me timbers whenever I hear people pronouncing foreign words wrongly.

I also attended 789's 2nd anniversary party on... I think it was last Thursday? And, well, it was free flow and that was nice, but the people there are so leery. They're all in their late thirties to fifties and all the guys are looking for a fling, and all the women are watching out for competition. I love the place and all, but the people there that night (and I expect, most nights) just seem a tad pretentious, wannabe urban crowd. Isn't this supposed to be a classy, chic place? Not some pick-up bar?

Tonight, however, I'm really looking forward to it... going off to Twentyone with some girls for the shoesshoesshoes party. No idea what it is, but hopefully we get some goodie bags hehe. With a pair of shoes in it, maybe????

Oh, and I know, I wish I had some pictures to post, but ever since I started using G's camera, I haven't actually been able to use it. It's a digital camera, not an SLR, but not a simple point and shoot either. Also the size is like a mini SLR and it's just so un-glamourous to hang around your neck when you're wearing a nice little dress :)

No comments: