Friday, June 06, 2008

Stingy ain't good

A plumber came over today to check out all the problems with my... plumbing, of course... and to give me a quote for work that needs doing.

He quoted me RM600 for half a day's work! That nearly got me fainting, cuz I didn't expect the quote to be so high. Just leaking taps here and there and a blocked toilet bowl.

After that, I thought to myself, if a plumber can charge RM600 for half a day's work, why can't I? Why do people make noise if I give them a quote that is probably lower than a plumber's quote, hour for hour? I don't understand the mindset of these people who want nice things, nicely designed, nice stationery for their company, nice websites, nice everything... and yet can't bear to pay out for it.

Just remember... you get what you pay for.

No comments: