Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A year ago today

As I sit here today feeling stagnant and useless in my office, my mind goes back to a year ago today.

A year ago today, I was excited and busy preparing and packing to leave the next day for my 9 week holiday in England with Grandpa G. How long ago it seems and yet it feels like last month. When I'm with Grandpa G it feels like time goes all wonky; long seems short and short seems long and then time seems to stand still.

Now, one year after, I'm still sorting out those holiday photos to print and feeling the opposite of excited. Okay, maybe there is a little spark of excitement deep down, knowing what I have planned for the future. It's a little scary but I think it'll turn out just peachy.

Now, at this second, looking out of the full-length office windows, I see an impending storm. Sucks!

No comments: