Tuesday, September 20, 2005

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL!!!!!!!!

Yes! I went to watch it! One of my dreams come true....!!!

It was amazing. The place was smaller than I thought - probably cuz I normally see them perform in auditoriums and in Singapore they had put up their new blue and yellow tents.

But their performance was flawless and absolutely fantastic! They did the most complicated acts and pulled each one off. The music was fabulous and the costumes and makeup just wonderful!

The Cirque store was so nice... I wanted to buy their masks but they were selling for over S$80 to the hundreds of dollars. If I was working I'd buy at least one! But I'm sure I'll get a chance some time in the future. It was just great to be able to see them, and it's all thanks to this guy I was talking to on the plane back from UK. I didn't get your name, but I sure am grateful to you, sir!

He told me he'd watched the Cirque in Manchester and liked it so much that when he found out they were playing in Perth while he was there on holiday, he booked tickets to watch it again! So I thought, if they're in Perth, maybe they'll go to Melbourne while I'm there! Unfortunately they weren't there, but I did find out that they were going to Singapore! So it's just fantastic the way things turned out!!

Here are some pictures from that wonderful, wonderful day - 17 September 2005.

I arrived in Singapore in the wee hours of the morning. This is the circus at about 5am from my hotel just opposite.

This is a picture I took from my seat in the second row. It's the set before the show starts. I didn't take any pictures during the show cuz it wasn't allowed, but I managed to take this one without using flash.
Me during intermission in front of the main tent. It was blazing hot!
My sister Elle in front of the main tent.

Me in front of Gate 6 which is at the other side from where my seat is, which is Gate 7.
Me and Elle tent-trotting. We're at Gate 3 now.
After the show with Dad and Arya (facing away). Brilliant show! Thanks Dad!


No comments: