Friday, October 06, 2006

Right now another please

Another day at the office, another day to complain about Malaysian attitudes.

This in no way means that I think people of other countries behave better, but as a Malaysian I would rather complain about fellow Malaysians than have "furriners" complain bout us, man.

So here I come, merrily driving to the office, no stupid jaywalkers in my way this time - oops! I nearly rammed into another car. Shit... here comes the "sorry" wave. I'm genuinely sorry. I usually don't drive so recklessly, but it's the combination of holding a Milo packet drink in one hand and trying to take a bend with the other. Very unsafe. Please please don't try that, especially if I'm near you (my car is the nice, sultry, smoky grey "toot toot" car). You know what? Malaysians should learn to use the "sorry" wave more often, considering how many times one gets into other people's way on the road.

But here comes the main complaint. I park my car in the basement, collect my bag and laptop, open my door to step out and lo and behold! I am greeted by the not uncommon sight of three sad lumps of damp tissues on the floor right where the driver should step out. I have a friend who calls them "won-tons" because of the way they look. Eew.

Anyway, look here, the floor is not there for your rubbish okay? Why do I get the feeling that it was a woman who threw it out? Most probably took her Spritzer bottle filled with water from the office, grabbed some tissues, wet them with the "Spritzer" water and cleaned her shoes/mouth/steering wheel/bag then threw them out next to her just before she drove away, leaving me and my smoky car looking like I had done it.

So much for female unity. Thanks a lot, woman.

No comments: