Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014, the year of the poster

Know why I have so few photos up these days?

Cuz it's such a bugger to connect the camera to my computer, upload and save the pics (and let's face it, edit the colours because no camera is perfect) and upload them to Blogger again. If I had the money, I would buy a WiFi camera right now. But I'm using that money for a week in Melbourne instead. So maybe I shouldn't be complaining.

I don't know if anyone still reads my blog, but if anyone is interested, I'm working on a bunch of megaposters at the moment. They will be displayed on several (I don't remember now, 15? 20?) university campuses around KL. So that's cool. I'm definitely gonna visit at least one of em to see how they turn out. That's why I love print. It's so exciting to see the end result that you have very little control over.

It seems that the year 2014 is all about posters so far. I've also just delivered a poster design for an exhibition in Rotterdam. If you just happen to be in Rotterdam (or if you live there even) between 31 January and 8 March, there is an exhibition happening in Belvedere called Shanghai Tan. A poster of mine will be up on display there. Pretty fan-friggin-tastic!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see it in person as I'm only back in NL in April, but I'll make sure to get photos of it and post em up here.

Till the next time...

1 comment:

Mumsy said...

yo... where the posters?