Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas (early) in Kuala Lumpur

Whenever I'm in England, I have to visit Marks & Spencer for their affordable and beautiful products. This autumn was no different. I picked up three biscuit tins and a couple of wool leggings.



The shortbread is already finished, courtesy of my co-workers. I'm not such a huge fan of shortbread myself, so I brought it to the office to share. I'm now using the tin for my cross stitch :)

The third biscuit tin is a revolving musical tin, really beautiful, and still unopened. Since it's a Christmas tin, I've decided only to open it for Christmas.


I was playing around with hand-drawn typography in the days leading up to my KL visit and intended to draw all my gift tags. But as usual, I forgot that I had even done this up till now when I'm uploading all my photos to the computer. Tsk.

So this year is the first year ever I'll be spending Christmas without my family. Sad, but it's a choice I made a long time ago. So we decided to open our gifts to each other early.


An early Christmas celebration at home.


Contrary to Yelleh Belleh's very natural shocked face, she actually already knew what she was getting for Christmas.


Schrobbenmaster getting socks.


Schrobbenmaster's new posh scarf.


Gift to Mumsy Bumsy from Yelleh Belleh and I. She loves reading biographies.


From Schrobbenmaster to Yelleh Belleh.


A beautifully packaged gift from Yelleh Belleh and I to Mumsy Bumsy.


As it turns out, I won't actually be without family this Christmas. Because Yelleh Belleh is coming over in a week! Yes, we managed to haggle an internship for her at our office, so she'll be here for the next two months. Awesome for me, not so awesome for Mumsy Bumsy :( But she'll survive and I'm sure she'll find a way to make the Christmas season jolly too.

Time to plan a nice, cosy Christmas at home. Tree first, decorations next and then recipes and games organisation after.

Pictures from Christmas markets and garden centres coming up!

1 comment:

frachely said...

love the M&S tin boxes! so cute!