Been back at work for a week now since Mumsy Bumsy and Yelleh Belleh left NL. Really enjoyed their visit here... so good to have a piece of home.
But now it's Monday again and no more holidays to look forward to till after the NS Try Out Festival in October. Boohoo...! I hate stress and last-minute things, which are inevitable when you work with lots and lots of people. Just have to be a hermit every weekend now and get my de-stressing rest.
Highlights of last weekend include:
- Waking up at 11am, having lunch, then going back to sleep till 4pm.
- Having a 1-hour cruise on a Pancake Boat with unlimited pancakes (managed to stuff 3 down).
- Actually asking a new friend out for drinks instead of waiting to be invited. Ended up being a really gezellig cocktail night round the corner from our place with 5 of us.
- Waking up at 1pm the next day. And simply not having any energy at all to do anything.
- Another social outing at Bagels n Beans, with a lovely mochaccino and chocolate muffin.
- Reinstalled Snow Leopard to speed up my MacBook Pro and downloaded trial 10-day version of World of Warcraft. Quite entertaining, actually.
- Counting down to the launch of Starcraft II!!!
One of the things I love about living here is the ease of ordering things online. Ordered a design book last week and anticipating its arrival some time this week. Goodness knows I really need a new design book to inspire and teach me! I hope it's as good as the reviews say it is.
And one of the things I don't like about living here is how things are so spread out in different cities. If this were KL, everything I would want would be in the city itself. But here, if I want to take ballet lessons from a good school, I have to travel all the way to The Hague. And it's not even considered something unimaginable here. As if I would travel from KL to Putrajaya for a ballet lesson!
Mmmmm... lunch soon, and stroopwafel for dessert!