Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Boyfriends' mothers

I'm afraid to say, boyfriends' mothers really freak me out and scare me to pieces! You never feel that you're good enough for her son from the way she looks at you.

She probably looks at every girlfriend of her little boy and automatically judges if she's going to be as good as the mother in looking after her darling. And of course the answer will 99% of the time be 'No'. Daunting, isn't it?

This post didn't come out of any particularly recent experience of mine. I was just thinking about it one day.

Anyway, if any of you are in the mood for posting comments, can anyone give me any recommendations for books to read? I like most sort of books, like suspense and crime (Agatha Christie), preferably fiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My ex-gf mother was nice to me but would never acknoledge that she liked me or that she wanted to know me. She hated the fact that her daughter wanted a bf in the first place because she was in college. She would scold my ex every time she saw us hug or even hold hands. We had to be so secrate..i hated that..i felt disrespected. :(

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I guess it's just natural for mothers to do that. They have been taking care of their cute lil boy, bath them, change their diapers, feed them, put them to sleep, la la la. But any good mother will definetely support whatever her lil boy chooses, and of course, makes sure he knows what he's doing with his gf.

Anyway, it's likely that one day, when you have your own boy-boy, you'll feel the same. It's just MOTHERS' nature.