I wanted to write about what I've achieved in 2007, to remind myself that I'm not a failure just because I don't earn as much as my friends, or drive a car as flashy as theirs. Life means much more than money and possessions. Not a cliché. I truly believe that life is about experiences and how happy you are with what you have and who you are.
What I don't believe in is New Year's resolutions because I hate setting targets and forcing myself to do something I don't want to :)
- Maintained a long-distance relationship... over 3 years now and counting!
- Went to England with entire family in tow and survived
- Went to Dublin with Grandpa G and survived arctic temperatures
- Designed and organised entire February 2007 OTE (almost) on my own
- Quit depressing and unfulfilling job
- Started own company
- Got a TV in my room
- Had sexy French guy stay at mine and teach me rude French words
- Okay I know this is not a 2007 achievement, but I can't stop thinking about it - I'm going to watch Cirque du Soleil next month!!! (just had to gloat)
(I really have to find a new nickname for Grandpa G. After all, I'm already nudging the number of years he was when we first met.)
See y'all, and have a great New Year celebration! I'm off to get dressed now. Peace and love to all!